Sunday 5 September 2010

It's Dessert Time Again

This is the first time I have experimented with using gelatin. I'd previously used a similar setting agent called agar agar for an asian dessert but heard that the final texture was different.

It was surprisingly simple to make, much less effort than I had anticipated. I do however need to work on getting the thing out of the mould nicely!

Here is the result...a caramelized pear panna cotta. Twas yum.
















Lessons Learned: gelatin, unravelling from moulds

2 comments:

  1. So did you end up using the packaged powdered gelatin I told you about the leaf?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used the gelatin powder not the leaf. But I think next time I will substitute agar agar for the gelatin. Still a little grossed out hehe.

    ReplyDelete